After the diagnosis we are ready with a great deal of information, support, friendly contacts and signposting to other services where needed.
Wide range of publications
A wide range of publications is available. Some are published by AGSD-UK and some by other UK organisations, and yet more come from overseas.
You may find our glossary of terms very helpful in getting to grips with the medical terminology. When you see words such as glycogen, metabolism and rhabdomyolysis underlined with a dotted line, hover over the word and our glossary will display the meaning for you.
Infantile-onset Pompe disease
- A Guide to Infantile Pompe disease (2013)
- Pompedoo (2017)
- IOPD – A guide for parents of primary age children and schools (2017)
- Super Pompe Powers
Late-onset Pompe disease
- 101 Top tips for living well with Pompe disease (2017)
- Medical overview booklet for professionals (2017)
- Risk Alert Card for respiratory failure (2017)
- Pompe – The Inside Story (2017)
Includes: Breathing and Pompe leaflet
And: Physiotherapy and Pompe leaflet
- Travelling with ERT – Sanofi Genzyme
- IPA Connections – a series of leaflets from the International Pompe Association
Go to the IPA web site.
Understanding Late-Onset Pompe Disease in Parents
An educational video by Medikidz Comics, to help children understand their parent’s Pompe disease. From Sanofi Genzyme.
Go on a journey to Mediland with Xavier and Jovanni, whose dad, Princeton, has Pompe disease, as they join the Medikidz to learn about Late-Onset Pompe Disease in parents. Understand what GAA enzymes are, how they work, and how missing some or all of them may cause Pompe Disease.